The Hosting Feature in QuickBooks lets other devices, known as workstations, open and operate the files that are stored on the host computer, which stores the QB company file. But, the QuickBooks File Doctor hosting mode is off error can stop this from happening, hampering the software performance. Various reasons can be behind this Issue, such as the multi-user mode might not get downloaded properly or the QB server mode might have some issues. Now, this error requires immediate resolution, and in this blog, we will teach you exactly how.
We understand if you find it troubling to manually resolve this error. Instead, dial us at +1-855-738-0359 to get trouble-free and easy guidance from our experts.
Easy Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks File Doctor hosting mode is off
Rectifying the Cant enable QuickBooks Hosting is a lengthy process, but if you follow all the steps carefully, this error will go away quickly-
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Hosting Mode is Off Issue.
QB file doctor tool helps in reversing the damages to the company files; use it as follows:
- Start by downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub file from the Intuit website.
- After storing this file in a location easily accessible, go there, and double-click it to initiate installation.
- Now accept the terms, conditions, agreements, and more to finish successfully installing it then move to the next step.
- It’s now time to run it on the system; open and go to the Company File issues section.
- Now, you’ll find two utility tools: Quick Fix My File and QuickBooks File Doctor, and you can try to use both to fix your issues.
- Here, choose the QB file doctor and let it scan the files for issues.
- Finally, let it repair and take the time it needs.
You may additionally learn:- QuickBooks Error 248
Solution 2: Access your QuickBooks Company File
By following these steps, try accessing your company file to ensure it is not damaged.
- Tap on the File tab and press Open or Restore Company File.
- Look for the location of the file and select the file with the. QBW extension.
- Now hit the Open button and use your login details to authorize the action.
Solution 3: Turn off the Hosting Feature on the Client Devices to Resolve QuickBooks Hosting Mode is Disabled Issue
In this solution, switch the Hosting Feature on the client system off to stop hosting multi-user access: “QuickBooks File Doctor Hosting Mode is Off”
- Launch QuickBooks on the Client system and head to the File menu.
- Choose the Utility option, and if you see Host Multi-User Access, you can skip this computer.
- If Hosting Multi-User Access is available on the screen, you must switch it off by choosing the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- Finally, repeat the steps on all Client Computers.
As we conclude this blog, we hope it helped you rectify that the QuickBooks File Doctor hosting mode is off Issue. In case you have any other doubts or queries related to this Issue.