In dedicated hosting, a single server and its resources are utilized by a single client enterprise only for its own use. This makes dedicated server hosting preferable compared to shared hosting plans where server resources must be shared amongst many users residing on the same server. In shared hosting, the chances of server resources like memory or disk space or bandwidth getting used up by neighbors are high; in dedicated server hosting however, you can enjoy unlimited bandwidth and server space, high reliability and high network uptime, enhanced security and excellent technical supports.
What are the benefits of dedicated server hosting?
- To start with, dedicated hosting is reliable because you do not have to share resources with co-users. You will not need to worry about the Ram or processing power being used up by neighbors. There are no chances of your website getting blacklisted because of malicious scripts and malware affecting other neighboring websites.
- With dedicated server hosting, you can also get enhanced security features which ensure a high server uptime for your site. While shared hosting is fine for individual websites or start-ups, dedicated hosting is suited for ecommerce websites which get a lot of traffic and cannot afford to slow down since financial transactions are done here. In dedicated hosting, the web host will provide you with robust security measures like SSL certifications to make financial transactions online absolutely secure.
- Dedicated servers are not only reliable; they are also highly scalable and flexible. Users have root access to server settings which they can change to suit their own business interests. They can install scripts and other applications that can boost their businesses.
- In dedicated server hosting, you are given a unique IP address; this is especially important because in shared hosting, there are chances that your website may get blacklisted and pushed down in search engine rankings when you have to share server space with other spam sites. The unique IP address is absolutely imperative for ecommerce sites that deal in credit card transactions online.
- Finally, when you choose managed dedicated server hosting, you will not need to buy or maintain costly hardware. The host will be responsible for maintaining the server and resolving server-related problems allowing you to focus on other important business matters.
These are some key benefits of dedicated server hosting; these are available nevertheless for a cost. Most dedicated hosting providers claim to offer a high network uptime and excellent technical supports, quality hardware and increased bandwidth, but it is important to evaluate their packages before signing up with any.
- Before signing up with any web host, you must decide whether you business will benefit from dedicated hosting. You must decide whether to use Linux or Windows dedicated servers. For sites that run ASP or ASP.NET, Windows servers are necessary.
- For resource-rich websites, you will need fast and powerful processors; at times, you will also need multiple processors when you get a lot of web traffic such as in the case of gaming websites. So, you must assess your processing needs very carefully and make a choice accordingly.
- Your provider should also be able to guarantee you round-the-clock technical supports through live chats, phone calls and emails. You need to test their response times before signing on the dotted lines.
- The provider you choose should be able to offer you superior quality hardware preferably from reputed manufacturers such as Dell or IBM. The host should also be prepared to replace or repair the components in case of damages or defects. It should implement stringent security protocols to prevent security breaches.
- Considering the budget is of utmost consideration before choosing a dedicated server hosting provider. You must find out about licensing fees, installation fees, monthly bandwidth charges, prices of software upgrades and security updates etc.
Considering all these features will help you decide on a dedicated web host for your business. It may be a good idea to pick a provider that lets you try out its services free of cost for a certain time period. If you are not happy with their services, you always discontinue the services and switch to another provider.